Does the first post have to be amusing and deep? Does it have to encompass everything about my mind and soul to attract a loyal following of likeminded readers? Or should it merely be used to "see if this thing works"?
"Why Blog?"
That would be the natural question I would be asking me, if I hadn't already. The answer is two-fold. One, because I live in a thriving, cosmopolitan, rich, diverse and complicated city in the middle of the most unsettled and confused area of the planet. Two, because my mate does it.
The blogs shouldn't follow any coherent pattern, nor should they always strive to be insightful and deep. The blogs should be random thoughts and observations. Many will be gripes, as the authors' personality will shine through. Maybe some of the blogs will be useful to those considering uprooting themselves to this part of the world.
Perhaps, and this is the most likely, I will be read by no-one and this will merely serve as a free outlet for my thoughts and musings.
Oh, and one more thing. What does Blog mean?
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
'Blog' is an abbreviation of 'web log'. There you go, some intellect on your first comment.
Post a Comment